Here, you can find out what personal information I collect and how I safeguard your information.
The data I collect and process is usually just your name and email address, which is used to send marketing information and news about me, my work and upcoming events.
How I protect your data
Your privacy is extremely important to me. I’m committed to protecting any personal information you’ve given me, and I comply with all relevant data protection laws.
This means that:
- I take full responsibility for the information I hold about you.
- I will protect your privacy at all times.
- I will never sell your personal information.
- Whether you’ve supplied your personal details online, by phone or text, by email or in a letter, I will never use them without a lawful reason to do so.
- what information I collect about you
- how I collect and use this information
- how I safeguard the information you’ve provided
- your rights in relation to the information I hold about you
What information does MS Butler collect about me?
Personal information that I collect may include your name, contact details (phone numbers, email address and addresses). Except where stated otherwise on the site at the time such personal information is submitted, it is only processed for the purposes for which you have submitted it to me.
How does MS Butler collect my personal information?
Your information is collected by me through a newsletter signup form on my website (www.msbutler.co.uk) to which you will have voluntarily subscribed, or through a communications option or sign up form when you have bought some of my work direct from me. You choose what personal information to disclose; you may, for example, provide me with your information when you post something on my sites or when you contact me (online or offline).
What will MS Butler do with my personal information?
I will use your personal information for a variety of purposes, which are in my legitimate interests (“Legitimate Interests”), and/or in order to enter into or perform a contract with you (“Contractual”), and/or with your consent (“Consent”), and/or compliance with my legal obligations (“Legal Reasons”).
For example, I may use your personal information:
- to send you my email newsletter, informing you of my latest news, events and current work
- to inform you about and provide more information on services offered by me
- to invite you to participate in exhibitions, events and sales
- for marketing for our Business Purposes and/or with your Consent
- for statistical or analytical purposes
- to detect, prevent or investigate security breaches or fraud (“Legal Reasons”)
- to otherwise better meet the needs and preferences of my subscribers
I will not allow unrelated third parties to use your personal information for marketing without your consent. Where I rely on your consent, you have the right to withdraw it at any time.
I also use personal information to identify types of user, audit how my sites are used, and to help with the strategic development of my sites. When doing so, I remove any direct identifiers.
You may unsubscribe from being contacted for these purposes at any time. I will show your username on any content you submit or post on my sites (including discussions, bulletin boards, forums and social media platforms).
How long will MS Butler keep my personal information?
I will keep your personal information only for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which I am processing your personal information unless the law permits or requires longer. For example, I might need to keep your personal data for quality assurance of the service I have provided, or I might need to keep it to defend future legal claims. Upon receiving a request to opt out of receiving further communications I will delete all your information within one month.
I will not send you emails if you have opted out of receiving them. Any emails I send you will include an unsubscribe option at the end of the email. You may also unsubscribe from any communications at anytime by requesting to do so through the contact form on my website.
Once you have unsubscribed your data will be deleted within a month, but you will be able to resubscribe at any time through my website.
How does MS Butler keep my personal information safe?
Any personal information that you voluntarily post on a public area of my sites, such as a bulletin board or social media, may be collected and used by others. Please be careful what personal information you disclose in this way, and be aware that I cannot control the actions of other users.
You can ask for a summary of the information I have for you, or ask me to amend any information I hold at any time by requesting this through the contact form on my website and I will respond to you within one month of receipt of the request.